Thursday, January 03, 2013

I Wrote the Book -- Now, It's Your Turn!

Writing a book is only half the fun -- actually, not really much fun at all. The real fun is sitting back and watching the money roll in.  Well, not much money.  But then there's reading all those 5 Star Amazon reviews from Constant Readers!  And, I'm told, they help sales too!  So I guess it's more like

Step One: Write book
Step Two: Book is glowingly reviewed by Constant Readers
Step Three: Profit!

So come on kids, and do your part!  Remember, Citizenship requires Reviewing!

2 comments:

AngloAmerikan said...

Step four - Compulsory reading in schools!

I liked that user review. Men should be able to be more flamboyant without being tagged as "gay". Relationships between men and women are largely about relationships between men - I viewed scoring a beautiful girlfriend as giving me kudos and credibility among my peers. Failure = loserdom. Glad those days are over! Body building and physical fitness is another way men interact with other men. Anyway I shall endeavour to get the book. I guess the kindle version will be the way to read it on my iPad.

Anonymous said...

A book you might find interesting is The Interpretation of the Flesh: Freud and Femininity by Teresa Brennan.
The question is if femininity is so pathological in women according to Freud, how do we explain homosexual men? Ah, the psychic energy.
Mr. AngloAmerican reminds me of a story by Jorges Luis Borges. Two brothers fall in love with the same woman. Their solution to the problem is to kill the woman. They live happily ever after.