Further to my post a few days ago mentioning "trans-ideological" friendships and their being characteristic of the Right rather than the Left [which despite its "caring" self-image exiles anyone manifesting non-PC thought to Siberia, while reserving its empathy for serial killers and pimps], I came across this in The Life and Death of Yukio Misima by Henry Scott-Stokes [irritatingly "personal" and intrusively excentric -- Stokes, not Mishima].
Mishima has just had a "debate" with a group of "ultra Left wing students at his old university." Although having a moment of paranoia as he walked in, imagining the students had lured him there to murder him, he found they "showed a remarkable interest in the subject of the Emperor." After a debate that succeeded "as entertainment" he comments:
I found we had much in common -- a rigorous ideology and a taste for violence. Both they and I represent new species in Japan today. I felt a friendship for them. We are friends between whom there is a barbed wire fence. We smile at one another but we can't kiss.
He then adds a comment that reminds me of John Lebedoff's account of Waugh and Orwell, despising alike the modern world but with diametrically opposed prescriptions:
What the students and I stand for is almost identical. We have the same cards on the table, but I have a joker -- the Emperor.

6 comments:
We have the same cards on the table, but I have a joker -- the Emperor.
Brilliant! I have always admired Mishima and read a lot about him but have never seen this quote before. The concept of nobility seems almost entirely lost on people today. People need to know their place and accept/respect the responsibilities of their station. This doesn't mean you cannot strive to improve your place but it is not just about wealth and being able to do what you want. This is the problem with America.
On an Oriental theme I came across this today: Nazi Chic Cosplay: Chinese Netizen Reactions
Amusing wedding photos but it seems most Chinese commenters were not amused at all. It seems most non-Europeans have bought the comic book history of the 20th Century hook line and sinker. I guess it is to their advantage.
I loved Mishima long before I found out that Hitler was right about the Jews. In fact I was a youthful rebel, with social- democratic leanings. I did not object to Mishima's militarism, because it was Japan, far away, and his fascinating, exotic homosexuality was the main driver anyway. Now that I have finally come to understand race, I love Mishima and his homoerotic militarism even more! And how wonderful to see Asians subconsciously expressing their healthy appreciation for race in wearing NS uniforms! We should really try to make them our allies against the Jews!
That Joker photo would make a good replacement for the current white g-string picture...no?
Albert Kesselring, a famous and very sensible German commander in WW2, became the president of the right-wing veterans' association, the Stahlhelm, Bund der Frontsoldaten (English: Steel Helmet, League of Frontline Soldiers)after the war. This organization existed before the war and was nationalist as well as being pro-monarchist - I think Mishama would approve. Its leader, Duesterberg, later wrote about, "the insane Jew hatred preached by Hitler" which I think was a correct analysis. Certainly considering the outcome of the war and the negative impact it has had on European people today.
It is a pity that the "Steel Helmet, League of Frontline Soldiers" did not get more support - things could have turned out better for everyone.
AA,
Perish the thought! The Thong of Brigit is our very True Cross. In hoc signo!
AA,
Nice catch on the cosplay. For more Asians in SS uniforms, see the works of Fred Berger, although he has an unfortunate tendency to put negroids in too. All our art seems polluted by the 'negroes are masculine' meme I diagnosed in my Manifesto.
Post a Comment